Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011

Considering that it is the last day of the year, I decided to utilize this blog i created months ago. There is something rather frightening about time; you can never get it back. It slips away quietly and i almost never notice it. If a specific attempt to make the most of time isn't made, then, before you know it, it's too late anyway. People around me keep saying that it seems like there just isn't as much time as there used to be. Technically, this is impossible, since our clocks still run on 12 hours, 60 minutes, and 60 seconds, just like they always have, but what if this concept of time "spinning faster" really was true and no one ever realized it? There would be no way to prove it of course, but if the entire world  or even the whole universe really was spinning faster and everyone at the same time was accelerated, wouldn't that make time run out faster too? Time is running out. The second coming is approaching at a rapid rate. There is so much i want to accomplish with my life. You can't ever really know when time is up. The prophets tell our generation to still plan on getting married and having a family and stuff. Get an education. There's no need to move to Adam-ondi-Ahmen quite yet. I look at my life this year and what i have accomplished and haven't accomplished. At some things, i'm amazed. Others, disappointed. But the disappointment is brief because i know i still have time and the opportunity to make the amazing things outnumber the disappointing things.

A few things I did in 2011
  1. I went on a road trip to St. George. with one of my best friends Katie Smith
  2. I started and finished three semesters at BYU with good grades
  3. I made some of the closest friends i've had so far in my life during the spring and summer. 
  4. I went on another road trip to St. George with more of my best friends. 
  5. I welcomed home my brother who'd been on a mission in mexico for two years. 
  6. I fell in love
  7. I learned what a broken heart is like
  8. I got my first CT scan 
  9. I got called to the relief society presidency and served with the most wonderful girls ever
  10. I was a bridesmaid for the first time
  11. I said goodbye to one of my best friends as he left for his mission.
  12. I moved out of wyview park after living there a whole year and making some of the best memories
  13. I paid for a new transmission in my car
  14. I got a second job and made more friends and some crepes
  15. I got accepted to BYU Jerusalem
  16. I worked my fanny off to be able to pay for BYU Jerusalem
As i enter a new phase of my life, a new year, and a new time, i will have the opportunity to do it in a place so important and so special. On Tuesday the second of january, i leave for Jerusalem and will be there until April 19th. Not only am i looking forward to this experience as being exciting and educational, i'm hoping it will be one of spiritual growth. I'm looking forward to coming closer to my Savior as i live and walk where he lived and walked.

No comments:

Post a Comment